Thursday, January 15, 2009

Caucasia After Thought

After finishing reading caucasia I thought alright this book was really bad. This only really made me take the view of someone who is half black and half white not just mostly black or mostly white. which makes it really tough to learn about racial things because its physically impossible for me a white person to expierence being half white and half black. Even there was a white person who was kind of a main character. That character was potrayed a stereo typical crazy white woman who is paranoid about everything yet this book is trying to teach me about racism and stereo types of others. So it was just a terrible book and left me going "okay and your point is what exaclty?"

1 comment:

Gena R. said...

I agree, this wasn't my favorite book either. But I thought parts of it were interesting and that it had good character development. I disagree about Sandy being portrayed as a stereotypical crazy white woman. There were a number of white characters in the book, and Sandy being on the edge was just a part of her character. Nicholas' mom, for example, seemed fairly "normal."